Ticketmaster is offering pre-sale tickets to ‘The Pink Floyd Experience’. Tribute Bands – OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!
Which reminds me, I recently bought a C.S Lewis biography, thinking (with my pea brain*) that he was the Lewis of Alice in Wonderland fame, and wondering (with my pea brain*) how it could be that this born-again Christian could pen such a fantastic tale beginning with the great tumble down a rabbit hole. Was this hard-lined fellow really an LSD-tripping paedophile?
"I came into Christianity kicking and screaming." He described his last struggle in ‘Surprised by Joy’. 'You must picture me alone in that room in Magdalen, night after night, feeling, whenever my mind lifted even for a second from my work, the steady, unrelenting approach of Him whom I so earnestly desired not to meet. That which I greatly feared had at last come upon me. In the Trinity Term of 1929 I gave in, and admitted that God was God, and knelt and prayed: perhaps, that night, the most dejected and reluctant convert in all England.'
Well, I can piece together the staunch Catholic with a penchant for little kiddies easily enough. What AM I talking about?*
Back the Pink Floyd Experience, I can understand covering a song here and there, but whole tours? Abba, The Beatles, Elvis. I’m so happy The Stones are alive and well and able to fall out of palm trees should the occasion call for it.
My head is under water.
* I’m a little pea
I love the sky the trees
I’m a teeny tiny little ant
Checking out this and that
I am nothing
So you have nothing to hide
And I’m a pacifist
So I can fuck your shit up
Oh yeah I’m small
Fuck you asshole
You homophobic redneck dick
You’re big and tough and macho
You can kick my ass
So fucking what
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Jo, I think you're forgetting that some of the most outstanding artists of our time started out in tribute or cover bands. Shannon Noll, for example.
"I’m so happy The Stones are alive and well and able to fall out of palm trees should the occasion call for it"
*rapturous applause*
(That comment made my day.)
Post a Comment