Hunter S Thompson
In it for the truth.
'I've never paid much attention to the Black/Jew/Wasp problem; it strikes me as a waste of time and energy. My prejudice is pretty general, far too broad and sweeping for any racial limitations. It's clear to me- and has been since the age of ten or so- that most people are bastards, thieves and yes - even pigfuckers.'
Happy days.
Really, though, I'd say a general disdain for the human species as a whole is healthier (and more rational) than a fierce hatred based on race or religion. What sets us apart is what's inside us and what we do with it.
Yours in fear and loathing,
Us.
Oh, I would like to know exactly what a comedians' comedian is. There's that old saying (Groucho Marx, I think said it) about how, for a normal person, a man dressed up as an old lady careering down a hill in a wheelchair is funny. For a comedian, it needs to be a real old lady. Ok, I get it but ... I want more. How is it that this stuff is somehow too much for the general punter to take. (Is that a tad condescending?) How far do comedians go? It's a delicious thought. I wannnnnna know.
LM made me smile so much today. It's quite a peculiar thing to watch someone go through motions that are exactly the kind of motions that I would go through. The FB scenario. Me cwacking it at her (I mean, you), her apologising, me feeling instantly bad and self-important, me apologising (but chucking in another caution for the record), her thinking for a little while (and blushing) and then telling me again that she is sorry and that she must really love me (it's in the cheeks. Our cheeks don't lie, right?) Then we kiss and make up.
Then the sweetest, sweetest words from her again (see 'Tumbleweed' today. http://www.thesoloc.blogspot.com)
Of course, it couldn't end there, could it.
Then I had to call, 10 minutes later on my way to the station to tell her about my 'epiphany'. An epiphany? *cough* More like an apostrophe. Planet earth series. Shrimp down on the ocean floor, in the deep black cold. So ... eerily remote. How are they possible? How can they be? It really blows my mind (like space). It's like vertigo or something. I feel like I'm physically losing my balance when I think about this existence - us, people, animals, society, countries, earth, water, wind, consciousness, nature, the order of things, the sky, atmosphere, relationships, stars, the sun and moon, the universe and its infinity (as far as we know). We know fuck all. I love that. That's why I love people like Bob Dylan (he's in my cocoon of experience) and the way he just doesn't seem to judge. People are what they are. They do what they do. Who is anyone to judge? What makes what you think right and what I think wrong? Our perception does. And what is that?
Oh, right, my apostrophe! So, I cried when I first saw that shrimp episode. It freaked me out a bit. We feel through empathy, right? I suppose I sometimes feel a bit like a lone shrimp on the ocean floor. I'm happy enough for the most part. I think we are all a bit like lone shrimp, actually. This is why I think finding love is such a rare thing, a special thing. Lucky are those who find it. I hope the current takes me to my shiny shrimp squeeze some day.
I really love smoking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Um... I was put in a cab and sent home in the wee hours of Sunday morning. I lost my phone only to find it late yesterday. So much to tell you about my weekend, mainly Saturday night. I anticipate a few debaucherous (sp?) tales to be told from your party. I love you. x
Meet me in San Juan, write something - I miss your words.
p.s. I accidentally deleted that last comment, oops...
Post a Comment