Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Windswept

Conversation out in the Smokers' Corner this afternoon turned mighty confusing (and a little embarrassing)

One of the new faces around the traps was there, so I finished my conversation with you and opened up with a comment about The Weather. Something about how windy it was. The guy (another who shall remain nameless simply because he is Indian and I can't remember his name and probably never will) told me that it was much more windy about an hour earlier. I made a comment about how weird it is that there's so much wind but not a cloud in the sky, and immediately realised what I'd just said. (D'Oh) But then I had to take it to the next level - you know, making the situation worse than it had to be - by asking him if you need clouds to make wind (or something like that). I followed this with a 'I think I'm going back to Uni'

The wind swept the blush right out of my cheeks. (No tell-tale physical signs of embarrassment, just all the verbal ones!)

Truth is, I wasn't embarrassed at all. Perhaps this conversation never took place. Perhaps it did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Blog? What blog?'

Anonymous said...

How long have you had "Don't think twice it's alright" hidden in your autumn leaf? Have I not been very observant?