Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Solace

I told you about the 'Solace' poem.
A couple of things:
1) Sister Jo? (I don't think so, but I'm no poet)
2) You think I'm a PC*. Stephen was the PC King. I was the unsuspecting lamb to the slaughter. (Bit harsh, I know)
* Plagiarising Cunt.
I took this Polaroid upon my return from Italy in 2000. Stephen had said he would not shave until I returned. RC* A couple of hours later, I took another photo of a freshly shaven Stephen. I like this photo. It's autumn. It's Bay Street. It's sweet. * Romantic Cunt

Sister Jo

when days are just a trail of clothes
slung over poetry and prose
a red reminder of things i owe
a songbird silenced in the settling snow
i'm left here looking at the bones
i'm stranded in a sea of stepping stones
i stood inside of something you'd outgrown
a simple sadness in the great unknown
redemption smiled
i followed
it's like the numbness when your heart gets sick
and i say sister jo says
'there's no need to be down, there's something you can do'
it all follows
sister jo says
'there's no need to find solace in anything, if you don't want to'
it's like the light is going to find you
then the beauty in your eyes
the stillness of the night
and the beating of your breast
it'll put you there again
neutralised
it all follows
made hollow.

Email from S 10/05/04

Indeed, we do rock!! I have the best time with you. You fuck good, honeylishuss. x We talk good

And one for the road:

29/07/03

you girls who were seeking
the great love, the terrible love,
what's happened, girls?

Perhaps time
time, time!

because now,
here it is, see how time passes
dragging the heavenly stones,
destroying flowers and leaves,
with a noise of foam and lashed
against all the stones of your world,
with a smell of sperm and jasmine,
next to the bleeding moon!

And now
you touch the water with your big feet,
with your little heart
and you don't know what to do!

Better are
certain night journeys,
certain compartments,
certain most amusing walks,
certain dances with no greater consequence
than to continue the journey!

Die of fear or of cold,
or of doubt,
for I with my huge steps
will find her,
within you,
and she will find me,
she who will not tremble in the face of love,
she who will be fused
with me
in life or death...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me and solace. You and solace.

You have me confused (KDS, not hard to confuse me). Who wrote those two poems?

Those last three lines.

I love you too.

p.s. I always find the 'word verification' thing a bit of a challenge - I think I may be slightly dyelsxic...

Jo said...

Stephen wrote them, cunt. x